REST bug in anonymous survey

Just discovered another bug in the REST interface of SharePoint 2010…

I wanted to display the results of a SharePoint survey in a so called Radar chart. A radar chart looks something like this:

As the environment only allows sandboxed solutions, I decided to go for client side code, REST and javascript.
Quite simple, just use the right syntax:

http://<servername/site>/_vti_bin/listdata.svc/Survey

This should give me all the data from the survey… Not!
Instead, I got this:

I wasn’t sure what just happened because I worked before with this survey, no problemo.
I then remembered I changed the setting for showing the user names in the survey.

So, apparently the REST interface tries to resolve the user names and it fails when you turn off the user names in a survey. Bug!

Easily solved though… I changed to ECMAScript Client Object Model (JSOM).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *